Goodnight




And so I lay my hand on your tired shoulder
Telling you no lie when hoping it’ll get better
And trust me when I brush your words away
Because I know your thoughts are telling me to stay.

And so I lay a tear on your softened hand
Asking you to catch me before, on grounds, I land
And never trust a word that darkness whispers, sweetly
Because, no matter what, I truly love you greatly.

And so I say goodbye, with broken hearts in me
It’s only a goodnight, as I’ll never set you free
And please remember well, these words I have to say
I miss you, more and more, day by day.

And even if my words, don’t prove a thing to you
I’m telling you no lies, through my greens, so true
And I hope that at least this you can see
Because otherwise you will truly miss me.

1 comment:

  1. For those who are longing for a full moon, that day will be here, again, soon

    ReplyDelete